Center

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Today I Mingled and Became a Distributor

Tonight was the city wide mix and mingle. A place for all the work-at-home moms to get together and exchange business cards and hand out samples, raffle off items and drink at the cash-bar!  I did not get myself organized enough in time with the move to be an official 'vendor' for this event but I did bring along a few hat samples and met up with some other amazing women running their own businesses.

I've been sucked in folks..    to dōTERRA Essential Oils!   Website and official order forms to come for all my friends and family (you'll know I'll be on you to order through me).  I am so excited about this.  While I did sample and think 'wow, what a great idea!' a couple of times in the night, I did spend the majority of the time talking to the lady that sells dōTERRA and finding out all the amazing things I can do for my family using these all natural products!    More information and self-trials to come.

I did manage to sell 2 crochet hats at the mingle even though I wasn't an official vendor, so I call it a win (made $40 bucks, spent about $200...) The best part was that I got to curl my hair, put on a little makeup and leave my kids with their kind and generous Aunt while I had a couple hours to myself.  Yay! I may or may not have come home with a hot pink hair extension as well (for charity, I had to!),  and I maybe might have done a self-portrait in the mirror to show off the new addition.  Does anyone else feel weird when they do that?



On another note, I am completely obsessed with Pandora.  I love the music and I'm always so impressed they know what I like by simply putting in one favorite song.  But today it took me someplace I wasn't sure I wanted to go and it was a strange feeling.  Hello high school memories, damn you Pandora!  Music is so powerful, today it turned an *almost 30* mom of two into a heartbroken teenager all over again! It's dance party music all day tomorrow for sure.

I repainted the kitchen walls from the awful grey to a tan.  I like it much better but it's still not perfect.  No idea what I'm going to do with this space!!!  I may just have to bite the bullet and do the tiling that I wanted in the first place.  At least the paint I used today was free, it was leftover from the bedroom makeover the last owners did.  Maybe my Hubby will have another idea, he always claims to have the brains in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment